Sunday, March 5, 2017

Thinking about assembling a new PC after 10 years

Hello! It's been a long time.

I'm writing this blog post from the machine I assembled 10 years ago. It's still alive and kicking as it has had it's share of upgrades throughout the years. But it's time for me to build a new one! Yehey!

Here is my current setup:
  • Intel Q6600 2.4GHz Quad Core (Passively watercooled with a Zalman Reserator)
  • MSI P5K-E Wifi motherboard
  • 8GB DDR2 memory
  • GeForce GTX 680 video card (Passively watercooled with a Zalman Reserator. Yes! Two of them in separate loops.)
  • Seasonic X650 (I think) 80 Plus Gold PSU
  • Vertex 3 256GB SSD 
  • Dell U3011 monitor
What I use it for:
  • Facebook (Of course!)
  • Web browsing / Work - Since most of my work is mostly over the web.
  • Light gaming (ahem!... Diablo 3, Civilization, This War Of Mine, XCOM)
  • Photo editing with Adobe Lightroom
What I want to build my next machine for:
  • VR gaming with HTC Vive
  • 1 or virtual machines for experimenting
  • Basically the same as before
And so the hunt begins! Stay tuned. :)

No comments: